My Controversial Music in Intro Maganize


The German Intro Magazine has put Better Than Wages in their latest album poll where they let
other bands, critics and members of the audience listen to various current albums and then ask them to rate them. OK, I came second from last and my music divided the judges drastically but I was in the company of the likes of Vampire Weekend and Spoon. Everyone's supposed to love these guys to pieces by now. Familiarity helps in these situations. But as you can see, people's opinion, even where they locate the music culturally, varies enormously. Maybe it's a good thing.

I used to not give a rats ass about criticism, honestly. I knew what I was doing and I liked it enough to be content and it was so straight-from-the-heart that if it wasn't well received, it did not matter to me. Recently, this feeling has changed. I yearn to be understood. I don't want to be compared to Sheryl Crow. I don't think I am 'middle-of-the-road'. I demand more time from you people. And I like Matt's comment ("I think it's a boy"). Thank you.

Popular Posts