Down The Memory Lane

11:27 AM


Sometimes it's fun to get lost in an old external hard-drive and find old treasures from adventures long-gone. It's nice that looking back the past usually seems more fun and I feel more forgiving for my shortcomings. Like look at that crazy tiger above from 2006! This was a photo from an album cover shoot we did with Varpu Eronen for the American version of Poverina (it came out in the US in 2007 through Minty Fresh). Obviously, the pic never made it anywhere...


This here lady is me in Hollywood in 2007. Oh how I miss those days and the lovely Irina who took this picture.


This black&white photo is from a tour of Germany in 2010. I remember I didn't like the way I looked in these photos when I saw them back in the day. Now I just see the long hair and and feel nostalgia for the days and the person I think I was. Here's to hoping that in five years my current position will seem fabulous and the present even more so. This was my short message from the abyss of songwriting break. See you soon again!

Astrid

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. In 2005 I spent several nights listening to Poverina album and now, a decade after, I find myself still listening to the same music and feeling as peaceful and light as those days. Your music really touches me deep inside. Your melodies and chord progressions are filled with some kind of magic that I can't define. You can make one single note so strong that it drops me on my knees and sometimes that same note is like a feather touching slightly my neck. I don't have enough words to thank you for your music and the influence it has had on me. I wish all the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomi! I just found your lovely comment to this post!!! Months late, but oh how sweet. Kiitos paljon. Your words give me confidence for Friday and my Tampere solo show. All this year I have harboured plans for a special Poverina show to celebrate its ten year anniversary. Reading your comment is pushing me to move with this plan.

    ReplyDelete